I find myself in a place I sore I’d never be, doing something I swore I would never do. We have all done this to some degree. Like shouting something at your kids that you told yourself 5 or 10 or 15 years ago when your mom shouted it at you, that you would NEVER say that to your kids. But I’m not talking about that. No, this is much more complex. I’m talking about potty training my four year old.
Now, you can say and think what you want. But trust me, I’ve seen and heard it all. And It’s not like we haven’t been trying. For the last year and a half, everyday, every hour, we throw him on the potty. I’ve purchased 4 different kinds thinking that maybe he will like a Sponge Bob one, or Bob the Builder. Once we were at a store and he said he wanted a Dora one and despite the cashiers looks we bought it. We took it home, unwrapped it and he refused to sit on it. He uses it now as a step stool in his room.
It seems that he may just untrainable. Yes, I know that’s a made up word, but it’s the perfect word to describe my Zaden. Although today I’m praying for a breakthrough. Just like yesterday and the day before. It feels like I’m the only mother of a four year old who tries this hard, and still had to buy diapers. So, what do you think? Am I alone?
- Potty adventures! (singlemommalosingit.wordpress.com)
- Potty Time (jennifertali.wordpress.com)
- Potty Training Update (wingsaseagles40.wordpress.com)
- Potty train at 17 months? Talk amongst yourselves. (parenthacks.com)
- #1 or #2? Reasons not to rush potty training (mustachenotrequired.wordpress.com)
- And Now I’m Posting About Potty Training … (littlebrightidea.wordpress.com)
- This S*** Is For The Birds (countingchickens.wordpress.com)