You know the feeling, after a long hard day, when you come home, flop on your couch turn on the tv, and just try to veg out? Of course you do. Everyone has those days occasionally, some more so than others. Chances are if you’re a mother, then you also know what it’s like when half way through your veg fest, your thoughts are interrupted by a loud and demanding “MOM!” This is usually closely followed by you prying your limp body off the couch and dragging yourself to their room to complete some such task. Usually killing a spider or scaring away a monster, or looking at the painting the made on the hallway walls, and then later on cleaning up the masterpiece.
This, has been my life for the last week. I haven’t scraped any paintings off the walls lately, but I have scared away a few closet monsties who were picking on my baby boy.
Can you remember a time when all you wanted was to relax, but instead your other job (being a mom) took over? I’d love to hear about it.
- From the Eight Eyes of a Spider (by Samantha Davis) (readingallaboutit.wordpress.com)
- The 10 Greatest Giant Monster Movies of All Time (io9.com)
- Monsters (mindturmoil.wordpress.com)
- Drawing & Painting Fantasy Beasts: Bring to Life the Creatures and Monsters of Other Realms online (obnovok.wordpress.com)
- Monster (ninjaturtleotter.wordpress.com)
- Feast of the Beast (playtimewithkg.wordpress.com)
- Monsters (theironastrolabe.com)